Step 1. Enable PayPal under "Active Gateway". You can do this by going to WP Ultimo → Settings → Payment & Gateways tab and tick the box next to PayPal.
Step 2. Obtain PayPal API credentials. Once PayPal is enabled as a payment gateway, you will need to populate the fields for PayPal API Username, PayPal API Password and PayPal API Signature. You can get this by logging in to your PayPal account.
To request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:
- Log in to your PayPal Live or Sandbox account.
- Click the Settings icon next to "Log out."
- Click Account access under "Account & Security" on the left of the page.
- In the "API access" section, click Update.
- Under "NVP/SOAP API integration," click Manage API credentials. If you have already generated an API Signature, then View API Signature appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Signature. If you have already generated an API Certificate, then View API Certificate appears. Click that option to view or remove your existing API Certificate. Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit. Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication or Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.
- PayPal generates your API credentials as follows: API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done. API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.
Step 3. Set up Webhook or IPN listener. Webhooks are responsible of notifying WP Ultimo of payment activities so that status of user's subscription will be updated accordingly.
WP Ultimo automatically generates an Endpoint that you can use as your PayPal notification URL. Copy the URL and click the link for you to easily get to PayPal IPN settings page.
After clicking Go to your PayPal settings → , it will redirect you to Instant Payment Notification (IPN) page. Scroll down and click "Choose IPN Settings" button.
The next page will ask you to enter the Notification URL. You can paste the URL provided from your WP Ultimo Paypal gateway page. Select Receive IPN messages (Enabled) Option and hit Save.
That's it, your PayPal payment integration is complete.