Setting Up The WooCommerce Integration
IMPORTANT NOTE: This article refers to WP Ultimo version 2.x. If you are using version 1.x, see this article.
We understand that Stripe and PayPal are not available in some countries which limit or hinders WP Ultimo users from effectively using our plugin. So we created an add-on to integrate WooCommerce.
WooCommerce is a very popular eCommerce plugin. Developers around the world created add-ons to integrate different payment gateways to it. We took advantage of this to extend the payments gateways you can use in the WP Ultimo billing system.
Setting It Up
Here you can find all WP Ultimo add-ons. Click on the WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration add-on.
A window will pop up with the add-on details. Just click on Install Now.
After the installation is done, you will be redirected to the plugins page. Here, just click on Network Activate and the WooCommerce add-on will be activated on your network.
After activating it, if you still don't have the WooCommerce plugin installed and activated on your website, you will receive a reminder.
Once installed, you will see an additional option under the WP Ultimo payments settings. You can then enable the WooCommerce option from there.
How to manage the payment
- Once the user’s billing cycle ends, the membership is put on hold. At the same time, an order will be created on the WooCommerce install on your network’s main site.
- Users then receive an invoice in their email, with a link to perform the payment (the link also appears on their billing history from their subsite dashboard). That link redirects the user to the WooCommerce checkout, where users will be able to select one of the available WooCommerce gateways in order to process their payment.
- Once the payment is received, the membership is renewed, the payment is logged on WP Ultimo and the order is set to complete.
Some Important Notes:
- The default functionality of WP Ultimo still works with this integration form. For example, issuing refunds from the Subscription Management screen will communicate with WooCommerce to issue the refund using the selected payment form.
- WP Ultimo: WooCommerce Integration relies on WP-Cron to work. This works very well most times, but if the site has low traffic then the cron is not prompted to check for scheduled events and the event is missed, which can cause execution delays.