Setting Up The PayPal Gateway
IMPORTANT NOTE: This article refers to WP Ultimo version 2.x. If you are using version 1.x, see this article.
You can activate up to four methods of payment on our payment settings page: Stripe, Stripe Checkout, PayPal and Manual. In this article, we will see how to integrate with PayPal.
Just like Stripe, PayPal is widely used for online payments, especially on WordPress websites. This article will guide you on how to use PayPal as a payment method available on your network.
Note that you need to have a PayPal Business account to obtain the API credential needed for this integration.
Enabling PayPal on your network
To enable PayPal as an available payment method on your network, go to WP Ultimo > Settings > Payments tab and tick the box next to PayPal.
Getting the PayPal API credentials
To request API Signature or Certificate credentials for your PayPal account:
- Go to your Account Settings.
- In the API access section, click Update.
- Under NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic), click Manage API credentials.
- If you have already generated an API Signature or Certificate, you will be redirected to a page where you can find your credentials.
- Note: If you are prompted to verify your PayPal account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select one of the following options, then click Agree and Submit.
- Request API Signature – Select for API Signature authentication.
- Request API Certificate – Select for API Certificate authentication.
- PayPal generates your API credentials as follows:
- API Signature credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Signature, which does not expire. These values are hidden by default for added security. Click Show/Hide to toggle them on and off. When finished, click Done.
- API Certificate credentials include an API Username, API Password, and Certificate, which expires automatically after three years. Click Download Certificate to save the API Certificate to your desktop.
If you have any questions regarding PayPal settings, you can refer to PayPal's Help Center.